Hey, girlfriends! If you followed my Instagram story over the weekend, then you already know that I spent 48 hours in Chicago for a friend’s wedding. Since I’ll be traveling the next two weekends as well, I thought I’d share 5 of the travel-sized products I take on every trip. Take a peek, then let me know what products you love packing in the comments below!
- A Neutral Lip Color: My current favorite neutral shade is “Bo$$” by bareMinerals. It’s a part of their GEN NUDE collection, and although it has a matte finish it doesn’t dry you out! I try to keep my liquids to a minimum when I pack, and since most of my lip shades are liquid I find that packing one neutral can go a long way. It’s wearable by day and night, and it matches most outfits. || Shop it here.
- A Self Tanner: I know you’ve heard it a thousand times, but UV rays are harmful, and protecting your skin is necessary. That said, I’m a sunblock nut, and my addiction is even worse when I’m on beach vacation. To make sure I’m not blinding people, I rub on some self tanner before getting into my bikini. My friend recently turned me on to St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse, and I love the color and ease of use. If you buy it, make sure you get the application glove, too. It’s a critical element to remaining streak free! || Shop it here.
- A Good Eye Cream: Some people go on vacation to catch up on sleep. I’m not one of those people. I tend to push my limits to get the most out of my travel experiences, which means a lack of rest and inevitable bags under my eyes. This eye cream from MAC is game changing, though, reducing puffiness and making me look refreshed almost instantly. Gotta look good when you’re taking lots of pictures!! || Shop it here.
- Downy Wrinkle Releaser: This stuff is like $2 at Target and worth every penny! I started buying this when I realized that some hotel irons are simply better than others. In the event that I get a crappy one, wrinkle release is my best friend. Side note – if you ever do get a crappy iron, ask for a replacement. There have been times when a better model has been brought to me just because I’ve asked. || Shop it here.
- Dry Shampoo: Unless I’ve been swimming, I try to wash my hair as little as possible while I’m traveling. It just takes a lot of work to wash, blow dry and style it. I don’t know about you, but I’m not into spending more time in the room than out and about exploring. I got this one by Batiste for just $4, and even their minis come in a bunch of different yummy scents. || Shop them here.
I’m going to try to jump back on here at least another time this week to share links from recent insta posts, but please forgive me if I’m a bit MIA. The next couple of weeks are going to be a whirlwind for sure, but I’m looking forward to every second. Stay tuned to my story on Instagram for all of the fun! I’ll definitely be capturing every moment as I go.
Xo – Meach