Hey, friends! How’s everyone’s week been? Hopefully as quick and productive as mine has been. Gotta love those kind of weeks, no?
Anyways, if you’re a member of my Insta fam, then you might recall my post from a few weeks back where I offered to answer some of your questions about It Cosmetics. At that point, I had been playing around with a bunch of products that they so graciously sent me. I had pin-pointed a few favorites, but now that I’m about 8 weeks in, I’ve absolutely solidified them. So I figured today was an appropriate day to share the goods!
BTW – While I feel like it goes without saying, I want to be clear that this is not a sponsored post. All opinions expressed are my own, as they always are and will be – even in the event that a post is sponsored.
Okay, moving on…
Here’s a quick little outline of what I’ll be covering today. You can feel free to skip over any section you’re not interested in. Keep in mind, though, that questions from Insta are answered throughout. The ones I didn’t get to are at the very bottom.
- Your Skin But Better CC Cream
- Superhero Mascara
- Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer
- Bye Bye Under Eye Eye Cream
- Confidence in a Cream Moisturizer
- Your Insta questions – answered!
1. Your Skin But Better CC Cream: It feels so cliche to say this, but I’m absolutely OBSESSED with this stuff. It’s $38, has anti-aging components AND has SPF 50+. Here’s what I’ve noticed:
- It covers so well that I tend to use less concealer
- A little goes a long way
- It’s lightweight and never seems to appear cracked or caked on, even after a long day (it stays put, too)
- My skin is brighter and FAR more hydrated (could be the combination of this with the Confidence in a Cream moisturizer)
- My complexion is more even
- I’m not breaking out as often as I used to be (I’ve also been using that $10 face mask I shared on my Instagram story like 2-3 times per week)
2. Superhero Mascara: I had been using Rollerlash Mascara by Benefit Cosmetics, then this babe came along and I felt like I was having an affair. At first I alternated between the two, then I just straight up broke things off with Benefit altogether. I was intimidated at first because the brush and product itself are both on the thick side. But if you swipe from the base of your lashes to the tips, working from the inner eye to the outer eye, you can apply it without making a mess. I really love how full AND long my lashes look. It’s hard to find a product that does both. It can get clumpy, but the clumps are easy to work out (it doesn’t dry before you can get them). Here are before and after pictures for you…
In the photo above I’m wearing the Superhero Mascara on the left eye, but not on the right eye.
In this photo (above), both sets of lashes have been coated with Superhero Mascara. It really does open up my eyes!!
3. Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer: This is the first concealer I’ve ever owned that actually covers my imperfections and never looks like I’ve packed it on – even when I have. When I first started using these products I was having some issues with my skin, so I had a few pesky zits to cover up. This stuff is great because it:
- Blends well (Side Note: I was not crazy about the concealer brush I received. I actually prefer this one.)
- Is water proof
- Has anti-aging components
- Actually COVERS without calling attention to blemishes/imperfections
4. Bye Bye Under Eye Eye Cream: I turned 30 last October, and at some point in between then and now I became skin care obsessed. This cream is great because it does what you would expect an under eye cream to do – reduces puffiness, smooths lines, and generally brightens up the eyes. Add in the anti-aging element and the fact that it’s gentle on my somewhat sensitive skin and it completely justifies it’s $48 price point – at least in my opinion.
5. Confidence in a Cream Moisturizer: The name says it all. I love the thick, rich consistency of this cream. I wear it under my makeup by day, and then apply to my face after cleansing by night. From my personal experience, it has:
- Helped my face to appear more firm
- Brightened my skin’s overall appearance
- Reduced my tendency to break out
- Can you create different levels of coverage with the CC cream? Yes! I use a bit more on the weekends when I know I’m going to be taking photos – especially for blog content! It goes on nice and smooth and does not appear cracked or cakey. It Cosmetics actually sent me the CC cream in a few different shades, so I’ve used several shades to contour for special occasions like weddings, etc.
- How do you apply the concealer? While the company actually sent me one of their concealer brushes to use with their product, I swear by this $7 option. Theirs wasn’t bad, but I like how tightly packed and thick the bristles are on mine so I’m sticking to it.
- How does the Confidence in a Cream fare in terms of skin prep? Do you need a primer in addition? Personally, I try to put as little on my face as possible. That said, I don’t use a primer, but the product seems to stay put all day. Sorry I’m not much help here, but if someone can offer a solid opinion, please comment below!
- I’ve wanted to try that CC cream, but it’s so dang expensive. Is it worth it? YES. It makes me feel like I have celebrity skin, honestly. And as I mentioned, a little goes a long way. So, while it might be an investment upfront, you might only have to purchase every 6-8 months. It just depends on how much you use.
- Love the CC cream, but need to know about the under eye concealer. Does it crease? No way, Jose! It goes on super smooth. I dab it in with that concealer brush I mentioned and it blends nicely without creasing.
Well, girlfriends, I hope that helps you out! If you have more questions, or want to add your two cents, you’re always welcome to in the comments. I will do everything in my power to get you a response.