This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #DunkinatGiantEagle #CollectiveBias
Hey, girlfriends! Happy Monday! How was everyone’s weekend? Ours was great! We spent time with family, cooked some fab meals, got massages… IT. WAS. AWESOME! It was definitely necessary considering how busy these past few weekends have been and of course all of the holiday madness that’s on the horizon.
On the subject of cooking, one of my favorite things to do on Saturday is wake up and cook breakfast. Since we had nothing to do this past Saturday, I decided to try out a new recipe – ham, egg and gouda sliders! Well, technically it’s not “new”. I helped my bestie, Amanda, throw these together a few weeks ago when we were at Hocking Hills. It was the first time I made them on my own, though, and since they were so easy/yummy I decided to snap some pics so I could share with all of you!
All you need is:
- Deli Ham
- Sliced Gouda Cheese
- Hawaain Rolls (or something similar; I used whole wheat slider buns)
- Milk (optional)
- Scramble the eggs and cook them through fully. (You’ll want 1 egg per slider; I always add a splash of milk in when I scramble my eggs, but to each his own, lol.)
- Cut the rolls/buns in half and put the bottoms in a pan or casserole dish, covering it entirely. Be sure to spray it so they don’t stick!
- Add a layer of ham over the buns, overlapping.
- Spread the eggs over the ham evenly.
- Add a layer of gouda. (I use 1/2 slice per roll, but I’m not huge on cheese.)
- Cover the concoction with the tops of the rolls/buns.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Serve and enjoy while hot!
As you can see, we enjoyed these yummy sandwiches with our favorite iced coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts (which we actually bought at Giant Eagle)! Quick backstory – when Dane and I first started dating we would always go to Dunkin’ to get iced coffees and breakfast sandwiches – it didn’t matter if it was 2PM or 10PM. Anytime we see a Dunkin’ product we pick it up because #nostalgia (we even have a Dunkin’ Christmas ornament, lol). So, naturally, we end up with a cart full of these suckers every time we go to Giant Eagle. They know exactly what they’re doing by putting them right by the registers, haha.
Thank GOD I thought ahead and reserved one for this morning (I hid it in the back of the fridge so Dane wouldn’t see it, lol). The time change has my body all sorts of screwed up, so I downed it to keep me going. It is the ONLY reason I’m not a total zombie right now, TBH. Here’s a list of Giant Eagle locations so you can go grab one for yourself today (and every other time you go to GE like me, lol)! I highly recommend the mocha and french vanilla flavors, but they are all super smooth and yummy!
Alright, that’s all for me! Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think. Until next time, loves.